Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Cleveland
Zip Code: 44135
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 75%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This is an Operations position responsible for managing the activities associated with the general maintenance, repair and appearance of the facility, fleet shop, fleet vehicles, outside grounds, office space, security, and power industrial equipment and third party providers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, expense management, compliance with government regulations, ensuring safety and security of the buildings, its contents and people along with providing management and direction to fleet and facility maintenance staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the labor hours, daily work and safety of associates engaged in building, grounds, fleet maintenance and repair, refrigeration systems, power industrial equipment, Material Handling Equipment (MHE), Automation equipment, and security within budget.
- Manages parts inventory and consumable supplies within budget. Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Coordinates emergency response and / or crisis management activities, develops and maintains liaisons with local emergency management and other entities in order to facilitate plan development, response effort coordination and assists Safety Manager with training initiatives.
- Manages the proper selection, purchase, utilization and inventory of company assets in support of the fleet, MHE, and facilities departments. Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Develop business relationships to ensure communication and efficient operations with third party vendors, including but not limited to, security, external contractors, fleet, MHE, and facilities maintenance. Maintains current certificate of insurance and hold harmless agreements for all contracted vendors.
- Works with Corp. Director of fleet and facility maintenance to prepare budget, profit plans and capital requests as required. Evaluates metrics and adjusts activities to meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Implements efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within fleet and facility maintenance duties, power industrial equipment and security.
- Works with Corp. Director of fleet and facilities maintenance to establish preventive maintenance schedules for all systems, equipment, and buildings including: ammonia refrigeration system, HVAC Systems, fire protection and security Systems, electrical and energy management, dock doors/dock plate systems, power industrial equipment, Material Handling Equipment (MHE), Automation equipment, dock door and dock plate systems, building components (roof, interior & exterior floors/walls, doors, paved surfaces and landscaping).
- Manages, assigns and monitors all fleet, MHE, and facilities projects for quality and timely completion. Utilizes maintenance tracking software for task management.
- Ensures the proper scheduling of fleet and facility maintenance and repairs; along with compliance of all company programs, including preventive maintenance and inspection of vehicles, non-scheduled maintenance and troubleshooting, repair, rebuild and overhaul of vehicles.
- Reviews fleet maintenance functions and various operational and expense reporting. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within the maintenance departments.
- Conducts audits daily to ensure all required documentation is accurately completed (including all work orders, breakdowns, preventive maintenance logs, pre/post trip inspections, certifications) and that items are installed correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Manages parts inventory and issues required purchase orders based on anticipated needs.
- Develops a fleet, MHE, and facility services budget to include a review of past year income and expenses; adjusts and administers all fleet service purchases including parts, tools and office supplies.
- Oversees budgets and contracts between third party vendor services to ensure efficient operations.
- Ensures proper licensing of fleet vehicles and annual vehicle/trailer inspections.
- Conducts audits ensuring all required inspections and documentation are completed accurately (including but not limited to food safety documentation, DOT records, EPSM, PSM, etc.) and retained to ensure a minimum potential for loss.
- Serves as the operating company “Energy Champion”
- Reports on fleet fuel usage for quarterly IFTA reporting
- Builds and maintains associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Administers and trains and consistently enforces company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, training and development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Ensures accurate and up-dated re-certifications of commercial equipment and CVOR (Canada) is compliant.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, etc.)
- Responsible for environmental compliance including but not limited to Storm Water and SPPC.
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility safety
- Champion overall safety in the department
- Interact effectively, build relationships, and demonstrate a high level of cooperation
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field preferred
- Tech school or equivalent is preferred (2 years)
- Five years maintenance management experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a valid state driver’s License and provide proof of liability coverage meeting Company standards. Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- Level 1 (or RETA CARO) Ammonia Operation Certification, required or obtain within 12 months.
- HAZWOPER 24 hrs. Training required or obtains within 30 days of hire. Incident Command System trained, or obtains within 12 months.
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 12 months.
- Certificate in diesel engines, electrical, refrigeration, hydraulic, pneumatic and braking systems preferred.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in repairs and replacement.
- Knowledge of vehicle operations and safety guidelines.
- Proficient in the use of all tools of the trade, shop equipment and power tools including but not limited to jacks, hydraulic lifts, air tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Working knowledge of ammonia and Freon refrigeration systems.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations/legislation and governing bodies.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and must frequently lift and/or move up to 100lbs.
- The employee is Repair work requires excellent hand and finger dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools and other shop equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Cleveland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time