Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
More information about this job:
Sysco is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At Sysco, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at Sysco.
Please read through all Responsibilities, Qualifications and Requirements before applying.
The Forklift Operator is primarily responsible for:
· Supporting inbound receiving and outbound shipping.
· Putting away all inbound freight and stocking all pick slots on the outbound side.
· Letting down pallets of product needed by using direction from SWMS with a reach truck.
· Process transfers using SWMS, if needed.
· Accurately select will calls and bulk pulls when needed.
· Follow PWM’S (Preferred Work Methods).
· Cleaning and assisting in cleanliness of warehouse.
· Other activities as needed and directed by leadership.
· Stand Up Forklift experience is required.
Lift Operator Qualifications:
The Forklift Operator must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent and effectively communicate in English (including reading, writing, and speaking).
The Lift Operator must:
· Have experience of 6 months to 1 year, with regular use of a Reach Truck.
· Have Stand up Forklift experience.
· Be able to work in Freezer (-10), Cooler (36) and Dry Side (70’s) of Warehouse for extended periods of time.
· Have a High School Diploma or its equivalent.
· Effectively communicate in English (including reading, writing, and speaking).
· Be able to read at a distance close to eyes and at arm’s length, with or without correction.
· Have strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
· Be Self-Motivated and hard work driven.
· Be able to safely lift 75 lbs. + occasionally.
· Be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Be able to work safely in all areas of the warehouse.
· Be able to follow Preferred Work Methods.
*** All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo and pass the following before their first day of employment:
· Pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Sysco policy
· Pre-employment Criminal Records Check
· Verification of Previous Employment. (Including temporary agencies if they have been employed as a temporary employee.)
*** The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this role must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times. Longer workloads occur during the busy season.
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.