Company: Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Houston
More information about this job:
Sysco is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At Sysco, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at Sysco.
Job Summary: The purpose of this job position is to assist were they needed.
Reports to: Production supervisor/ Manager Salary Type: Non-Exempt
- Removing lugs of fat trimming.
- Remove lugs when product is clean.
- Inspect the meat for excess fat.
- Remove trash
- Responsible for working until relieved by supervisor/ manager. This may require working longer than schedule work hours.
- Reports discrepancies to leads or supervisor.
- Required to follow all GMP's and safety regulations.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management. Responsible for working until relived by management. This may require working longer hours than schedule work hours.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customerservice oriented
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time