Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The order selector is responsible for pulling and palletizing orders in an accurate and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for customer satisfaction through proper product quality, quantity, accuracy and proper loading to protect the product.
- Ensure product is palletized properly to prevent product damage.
- Ensure that all products are loaded on the correct vehicle in the correct sequence. All products loaded must be transported without damage.
- Operate power equipment.
- Keep work area clean and neat at all times.
- Contact the supervisor immediately if there is any doubt about the quality of product.
- Read and understand inventory sheets.
- Ensure that all vehicles being loaded with power equipment have wheels chocked for safety.
- Strictly adhere to all safety rules.
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Scheduling flexibility a must.
- Must be able to work mid/night shift.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- One to two years related experience.
- Motorized Pallet Jack experience required; Sit Down and Stand up forklift experience preferred.
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
- Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 lbs continuously
- From heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color
- Vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck and on to and off of power equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels.
The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts.
Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates.
Temperatures range from below zero in the freezers to 95 degrees
Fahrenheit or above outdoors.
The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time