Company: SYGMA San Antonio
Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Zip Code: 78218
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
SYGMA San Antonio
JOB SUMMARY (Briefly state why this position exists)
Provides support to the Transportation Manager in the day-to-day operations of the transportation department.
- Supervise Drivers
- Direct and coordinate maintenance of equipment.
- Monitor and control all Telogis and log reports.
- Monitor and control attendance policy and scheduling.
- .Insure DOT compliance including driver logs, route weights and trip reporting.
- Provide back up support to driver position; safely and efficiently transport product from warehouse to
various customers and properly unloads the product according to customer invoices.
- Maintain positive associate relationships
- Communicate and cooperate with all supervisors and department heads.
- Keep manager apprised of any problems or potential problems.
- Maintain accident file and records.
- Work with manager on routing to reduce miles.
- Work with manager in securing all potential backhauls..
- Attend training and practice knowledge of all SOP’s and company policies and they relate to food and
associate safety practices.
- Ensure all associates are trained and practice knowledge of SOP’s and company policies and procedures
as they relate to Sysco’s Food Safety Commitment, Sysco’s Code of Conduct and all other associate
and customer safety practices.
- Ensure corrective actions are taken when safety and company policies and procedures are violated.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- This is an exempt level position; hours of work will vary and are not limited to 40 hours per week.
- Shift assignments may change due to business needs: the days or shift you are assigned to work may change with advanced notice.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma/GED plus 2 - 4 years transportation experience. Prior transportation supervisory experience and knowledge of DOT laws is preferred.
Work is primarily sedentary in nature. Frequent standing and bending is required when checking equipment. A Portion of the day is spent on data entry. You must have the ability to communicate clearly with vendors, shippers, customers, and Company personnel. Additional demands may include occasional to frequent driving duties that are medium to heavy in nature. You must be able to climb into trailer, lift 50 lb. boxes frequently, 75 lb. boxes occasionally and move product on the 2-wheeler.
You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction. You are required to be constantly alert while driving.
Activities occur both inside (protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside. You may be subject to extreme weather conditions when on the road.
A calculator, copier, fax, PC, CRT, Microsoft Office applications, telephone equipment and a two wheel dolly are used in this position.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION
CDL driver license and certificate of DOT regulations training is preferred.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
SYGMA San Antonio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time