Company: FreshPoint South Florida
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
General Purpose of the Position:
Selects items by hand and transports product using industrial equipment to identified destination for shipment.
· Receives order assignment from database.
· Accurately and efficiently picks order and stacks merchandise on floats using identified procedures.
· Places case labels upright on case so they may easily read.
· Exchanges mispulls for the correct item and corrects errors by returning incorrect products to the correct slot.
· Maintains an acceptable production level.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Operates industrial equipment in a safe manner and brings to Supervisor's attention any unsafe condition.
· Maintains a neat appearance and manner at all times while on the job.
· Helps to maintain sanitary conditions in the warehouse.
· Check quality when selecting.
· Pick product in route sequence.
· Help produce do splits after routes are selected and loaded.
· Clean and maintain cooler and dock sanitation.
· Perform other duties as directed by Supervisor.
· Good attendance and adherence to work schedule
· High School degree preferred.
· 1 year related warehouse experience preferred.
· Ability to read printed information on labels and warehouse aisle shelves in English.
· Ability to lift and move cases weighing up to 100 lbs. continuously.
· Ability to operate industrial equipment and select product to be placed on to floats.
· Lifting of up to 100 lbs.
· Able to be exposed to cold room temperatures ranging from 32 degrees to freezing temperatures in the warehouse.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, stand up to 8 hours consecutively.
· Drive a forklift and pallet jack.
· Wear steel toe shoes.
This job description is not an employment contract. The Company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time