Company: Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
Location: US-OR-Portland, US-OR-Gresham, US-OR-Beaverton
Zip Code: 97236
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The primary duties of the Quality Technician are to perform multiple analyses on raw materials, work in progress and finished product to insure compliance with company and customer specifications. The position would be responsible for checking a proportionate sample of the day's production and recording the results of these inspections. This position will be responsible for communicating with department managers when non-conformance occurs and ensuring proper product condition.
- Conduct pre-operational inspections of equipment and validate effectiveness of plant sanitation by testing of food and non-food contact surfaces.
- Monitor compliance with all company, corporate and federal/state safety rules and food safety regulations.
- Perform multiple analysis on work in progress and finished product to ensure compliance with company and customer specifications.
- Must be able to measure quantifiable attributes of the product (weight, tail length, tenderloin diameter, etc.)
- Make subjective decisions on the general appearance of the product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Approximately 2:30 AM to 10:30 AM - Flexible schedule.
- Prior experience with portion cutting (meat, vegetables, etc.)
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customer-service oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 90 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Pacific Northwest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time