Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The Graphic & Packaging Designer is responsible for graphic packaging design and design management of personal care packaging for retail and hotel environments through all phases of product development while interfacing with all product development stakeholders from ideation, concept development, through production standards, production and program launch.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY AT:
- Design, develop and manage packaging design of custom personal care products and programs, as well as the design and design management of national and international retail care brands in 2D and 3D formats.
- Lead graphic and packaging design projects with Sales, Marketing, Product Developers and Print Manufacturers.
- Interface with Director of Graphic & Packaging Design and Graphic & Packaging Designers, Project Managers, Industrial Designers, Engineers and Production Art Design team.
- Interface with domestic and international printing manufacturers.
- Review marketing collateral assets to ensure product design is represented correctly.
- Study packaging design trends across multiple industries (i.e., healthcare, cosmetics, spa, etc.).
- Support Sales & Marketing with design presentations to brand owners for design approvals and to clients for design engagement and sales.
- Interpret sales and marketing design briefs to meet cost parameters.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design or Fine Arts.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 5 years’ experience in Graphic Arts/Packaging Design, including high level experience initiating and producing trend setting graphic and packaging design for personal care amenities, cosmetic, healthcare and spa products.
- Knowledge of pre-press printing.
- Experience with digital camera/photography.
- Experience in the hospitality industry a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY):
- Refined aesthetic eye to determine high level design for all hotel segments including economy, mid-scale, upscale and luxury.
- Ability to replicate retail images into single use sizing.
- Must be able to read engineering and industrial design product drawings.
- Ability to generate unique creative solutions.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to clearly communicate direction of goals to vendors such as printers, photographers etc. to obtain excellent aesthetic results. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively and able to work independently. Capability to create a workflow timeframe to coordinate project requests including all pertinent information in a timely manner. Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and develop creative design within tight deadlines. Ability to manage all aspects of complex design projects and integrates direction from multiple individuals
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Detail Oriented – High attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Experience using Mac computer required.
- Experienced with Creative Suite programs affiliated with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In-Design, etc.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
“PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT”
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Office Environment – Large Studio work space. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- While this position will primarily work in an office environment, travel will be required to attend customer meetings, company events, staff meetings, training sessions, and/or industry or vendor trade shows.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards and maintain current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on customer needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time