Company: Buckhead Meat of Denver
Zip Code: 80229
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located in Denver, CO
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Job Summary: The delivery driver is responsible for distributing products locally and promptly to our customers. The delivery driver represents our company in a professional and cost effective manner aiming at increasing profitability and customer satisfaction.
Reports to: Director of Operations Salary Type: Non-Exempt
- Daily delivery of a variety of food items to different addresses and through different routes
- Follow route and time schedule
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate delivery vehicle
- Maintain a clean work space and vehicle
- Communicate with customers about products intelligently
- Follow all driver regulations and safety standards. All staff have the responsibility to report food safety and quality problems to Q/A or a supervisor to initiate action.
- Proven working experience as a delivery driver, preferably driving a 10 pallet box truck and/or Van.
- Valid driver’s license. No CDL required.
- Ability to operate in a variety of weather and traffic conditions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good driving record
- High school diploma
- Ability to pass pre-employment background and drug test
- Available to work 40+ hours Monday-Friday. No weekends.
- Bending and twisting when working on a conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
- Standing for extended periods of time, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, and walking are regular activities for this employee.
- Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 to 80 lbs., continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
- Must have the ability to speak clearly and to hear audible warning signals, ie... backup alarms, horns, and buzzers
- All staff have the responsibility to report food safety and quality problems to Q/A or a supervisor so they can initiate action.
- While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving machinery and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels.
- The working environment includes exposure to outdoor elements, congested high traffic areas, slippery floors, stairs, commercial kitchens and walk ways.
- Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat of Denver is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time