Company: Buckhead Meat of San Antonio
Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Zip Code: 78219
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Brief role description
The job function is to procure products, manage inventory levels and negotiate price as it relates to specified categories. Using experience and market knowledge this role will work with other departments as well as customers to develop and market products. This role ensures us having the correct product at a relevant price for our customers.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Manage and replenish appropriate inventory levels. Accurately price inventory while keeping us market relevant.
- Negotiate price with suppliers. Develop and manage supplier relationships that help leverage our products offering.
- Understand and be current on market information as it relates to areas of oversight.
- Maintain appropriate aging on all products. Work with Material Control Coordinator and production to address any issues.
- Work with sales on product development as well as assisting opcos on inquiries.
- Perform product inspections on oversight items and address QA challenges as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 3 years of Merchandising experience including experience managing COP categories
- Proficient in MS Office, excellent communication skills, well developed interpersonal skills, understanding of commodities market.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat of San Antonio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time