Company: Freshpoint West Coast Florida
Zip Code: 33610
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Basic Job Concept:
Provide operational support to the warehouse and transportation departments by pulling, packing and delivering 2nd run orders in an accurate and timely manner, grading and repack of produce, assisting with warehouse functions, and performing other duties at the request of the Supervisor or Manager.
o Valid FL Class A or B CDL
o 1 year verifiable route delivery or equivalent experience operating a manual straight truck
o High school diploma or equivalent.
o Prior delivery driver experience highly desired.
o Knowledge of service area required. Hours are 10:00 am to 7 pm with Sunday and Tuesday off.
1. At least one (1) Year route delivery experience or applicable background driving a straight truck and at least 6 months driving with a CDL.
2. Knowledge of the geographical area preferred.
3. Experience in handling money preferred.
o Run 2nd run routes effectively, meeting or exceeding designated delivery windows
o Responsible for calling in to dispatch every 3rd stop, when the customer does not receive their entire order, or with customer complaints and concerns
o Handle company equipment properly, follow written driver safety rules, and perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections
o Strict adherence of all State and Federal traffic laws
o Handle customer complaints professionally
o Pull & palletize/pack customer orders in a manner that assures the selection of the highest quality product and packing/palletizing that product correctly to avoid damage
o Inform Manager or Supervisor immediately with any concerns about the quality of our product
o Ensure that all products are loaded on the correct vehicle in the correct delivery sequence
o Ensure that all vehicles being loaded with power equipment have wheels chocked for safety
o Grading and re-pack of produce items
o Provide assistance to day warehouse team when needed
o Safe operation of forklift and motorized pallet jack
o Keep work areas neat and clean at all times
o Strict adherence to all safety rules and policies
o Report accidents/injuries immediately to Supervisor or Manager
o Adherence to work schedule and attendance policy; ability to work overtime if needed
o Other duties as assigned
o NO DUI convictions
o Maximum of 3 points on MVR
o No chargeable accidents in the last 5 years
o Knowledge of delivery area.
o Proven ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels within the organization
o Ability to perform simple arithmetic; experience with money handling preferred
o Familiarity with shipping practices
o Forklift and motorized pallet jack experience preferred
o Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
o Keen eye for detail and the ability to multi-task
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
1. Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
2. Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 50 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
3. Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
4. Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
5. Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
6. Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
7. Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
8. Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time