Company: North Star Seafood
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach, US-FL-Medley
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
***This location will relocate to Medley, Florida February 2020***
Warehouse Utility Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility for the Warehouse Utility position is to support inbound receiving and outbound shipping. The Warehouse Utility position is responsible for helping in all warehouse functions (i.e. loading, selection, forklift, checker, etc.) The Warehouse Utility position will cover for Warehouse Support and Back – up coverage for all operations functions.
- Stocking slots, completing put aways and facilitating transfers.
- Completing will calls or pulling bulk pulls.
- Transporting freight via Electric Rider Pallet Jack or Stand up Forklift.
- Moving containers to and from dock doors.
- Selecting Orders.
- Loading Orders.
- Checking Orders.
- Cleaning and assisting in cleanliness of warehouse.
- Follow and practice PWM’S (Preferred Work Methods) at all times
- Other Operations duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Warehouse Utility
- Detail oriented, Self-Motivated and hard work driven.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have the ability to multitask, prioritize and work under a high stress environment.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. often and up to 100 lbs. occasionally
- Work in all temperatures (Dry, Cooler, Freezer)
- Have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times.
- Read and Speak English
- Have very strong attention to detail
The Warehouse Utility must have the following requirements:
- REQUIRED: 6 months prior reach truck experience
- Prior Pallet Jack and RF experience preferred
- 6 months General warehousing experience preferred
Have a High School Diploma or its equivalent
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
North Star Seafood is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time