Company: North Star Seafood
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach, US-FL-Medley
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
***This location will relocate to Medley, Florida February 2020***
- Keep Master Cleaning Schedule current (tasks change daily).
- Dispose of boxes/waste in compactor.
- Check bathrooms for cleanliness and supplies.
- Empty/pick-up trash throughout facility and outside around the plant.
- Sweep/mop/squeegee floors where and when needed.
- Handle disposal of inedible product on the property
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
- Clean break room (sanitize tables, chairs, counter top, and microwaves)
- Move pallets of boxes on a prime mover
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to my supervisor immediately.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/priorities.
- Must be able to do physical maneuvering and scrubbing typical of sanitation-type jobs.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be capable of doing a through cleaning job without direct supervision.
- Experience handling harsh sanitation chemicals is helpful.
- Self Starter
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Physical strength to lift and maneuver up to 50-60 pounds occasionally. Standing, stooping, reaching and lifting are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
North Star Seafood is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time