Company: North Star Seafood
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach, US-FL-Medley
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
***This location will move to Medley, Florida February of 2020***
Position Title: Currently Classed as Operations Worker
Responsible for the makeup of all packaging boxes and Lids to be sufficiently fed to all lines for production use. Also may rotate to production disposal area, responsible for the baling and disposal of cardboard and general packaging waste.
JOB PROFILE SUMMARY:
- Responsible for managing or performing work associated with converting raw materials and components into finished goods including:
- General production manufacturing work.
- Assembling finished components or parts into finished products.
- Process manufacturing batches of bulk materials/ingredients including mechanical processing (e.g., mixing, grinding, separating, filtering, etc.) and chemical processing (altering the chemical properties of materials through chemical reactions and changing temperature, pressure, etc..).
- Setting up and operating machine tools to convert materials into parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies.
- Surface finishing of parts, components, and assembled items including washing/painting/plating/anti-corrosion coating, hardening, polishing/engraving/etching, etc.
- Packaging materials or finished goods into containers for the purpose of protection, display, and handling.
% of Time Primary Responsibilities
40% Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects.
45% Follow the proper procedures for supplying all lines with boxes and box lids using a mechanized box erector, manual glue machine and manual assembly.
45% Run the baler and compactor to dispose of cardboard and general packaging waste by safely operating mechanical equipment to crush and compact material.
10% Follow closing procedures /duties – insure box feeders are full and ready for next day’s production; packaging loft is clean and orderly, all materials have been restocked and the baler and compact area is free of debris and waste hazards.
Degrees/Certificates (Minimum Required):
Prefer High School or GED but not required.
Years and type of experience Minimum Required: None
Type and proficiency (Minimum Required):
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform work assignments at an acceptable productivity level.
- Most important decisions made fully independently.
- Ability to operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required).
- All work regularly reviewed by supervisor and manager.
This Position: Operations Worker
Position Reporting to this role: N/A
- Employees Managed: Not Applicable
- Annual Operating Budget Managed: Not Applicable
- Annual Revenue Generation Responsibility: Not Applicable
- Frequent lifting of product up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stoop and bend frequently.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
North Star Seafood is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time