Company: North Star Seafood, LLC (490)
Location: US-FL-Sunrise,US-FL-Pembroke Pines,US-FL-Miramar
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Supports HRBP to successfully implement local initiatives and execute regional and corporate programs. Help to create an environment to attract, develop, retain and engage talent throughout the OpCo to deliver business goals.
The current position is in Pompano Beach, the ideal candidate will be willing to commute or relocate to Medley, Florida February 2020.
Brief role description
This is a position responsible for performing Accounts Payable functions such as comparing vendor invoices to purchase orders and initiating payments to vendors. This position is a support function within the overall finance department. This position is responsible for collecting, comparing vendor invoices to issued purchase orders culminating in the payment of appropriate funds to suppliers.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects.
- Obtains supplier invoices, receiving documents and other supporting documentation then examines, codes appropriately, and posts to the accounting system.
- Prepares checks for printing
- Prepares hand checks as needed
- Handles all supplier A/P queries and follow up
- Coordinates and resolves with buyers all cost discrepancies and tracks using a cost discrepancy log.
- Any other tasks assigned by financial lead.
Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Finance or Accounting Preferred
Entry Level Position
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations from the data
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time