Company: Sysco San Francisco
Zip Code: 94538
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This is a sales position responsible for promoting the company’s products and services and building relationships with new and existing high influence Local Contract Customer accounts. The primary focus is to help Sysco customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company. This role is a hybrid position requiring skillsets of both a Marketing Associate and Account Executive. It is aimed at handling accounts which should be managed inside but are higher touch than business traditionally managed by an Account Executive.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and services to meet these needs
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers based on business needs and goals
- Offer value-added services to Customers as needed to help support growth and Customer loyalty
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, competitor products, prices and sales
- Share information and knowledge with customers as part of a value-added service
- Answer customer’s questions about products, prices, availability and product uses
- Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department
- Troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (i.e.: out of stocks, special order, low inventory)
- Participate in ongoing training sessions
- Participate in company functions, customer visits and customer events
- Attends and participates in general sales and district meetings
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data
- Actively utilizes Sysco proprietary CRM tool for planning and forecasting for sales growth and maintaining updated customer files and profiles
- Utilize Sysco business tools such as menu analysis and online sale tracking and communications
- Perform administrative duties, such as maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick up request, prepare sales quotes and menu suggestions and filing reports
- Understand Customer contracts and track compliance mutually
- Track expiring contracts and participate in building of new Master Distribution Agreement
- Communicate effectively with other Sysco Operating Companies & Specialty Companies servicing Customers to maximize Customer experience (i.e. new location openings, order guide changes, limited time offers, etc.)
- Other duties as may be assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1 to 5 years of business to business sales experience or foodservice management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years foodservice sales and/or restaurant management
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to have and demonstrate basic business and restaurant operations acumen to manage Customers with multiple units
- Ability to influence key stakeholders across Operating Companies servicing Customers
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures
- Ability to understand and interpret customer concerns
- Ability to learn the use of proprietary CRM tools for planning and forecasting sales growth
- Ability to properly plan and execute business plans
- Demonstrated skills in the area of consultative selling, prospecting, networking and negotiations
- Ability to effectively present information and products to customers
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to express information in terms of profit and loss, food cost and expense ratio
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Knowledge of Microsoft spreadsheet word processing software
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments
- Ability to prioritize and multi task
- Proactive, self-directed, with the ability to structure a weekly schedule to be successful
- To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate all the individual Framework competencies of this position
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This positions will require regular travel utilizing personal vehicle and may result in longs periods of sitting.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business-friendly environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on customer needs
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco San Francisco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time