Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
European Imports, Inc. - Sysco
Position Title: Buyer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, purchase and manage EI categories in relation to inventory management, PO placement, item forecasting and maintenance, vendor collaboration, cost maintenance, and direct import processes.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the procurement process including: reviewing stock levels, issuing purchase orders, coordinating and confirming freight and ETA, avoiding and mitigating product spoilage
- Purchase product lines to increase sales and maximize company profitability. 100% supplier-direct purchases.
- Create shipments – attach product/freight/duty PO’s to the shipment.
- Confirm proper documents are submitted per import regulations.
- Monitor stock levels and handle product to minimize dating concerns, scrap, and obsolete stock and manage item status.
- Maintain vendor cost and freight tables.
- Review margins, pricing and daily pricing variance reports.
- Maintain relations with suppliers, Category Specialists and Sales staff.
- Maintain item forecasts and vendor parameters in DPR purchasing system.
- Review suppliers/category specific reporting.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Assist as needed in product recall incidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General working conditions – exposed to adverse conditions 5% or less of time. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and telephone to talk and hear. Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
General working conditions – exposed to adverse conditions 5% or less of time.
General supervision is received from the Procurement Manager.
- Bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- 3 – 5 years of previous experience in a purchasing/product management environment is required.
- Prior Food Industry experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate word processing (Microsoft Word preferred) and intermediate spreadsheet application skills (Microsoft Excel preferred) are desired, as well as experience with buying/forecasting systems.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
European Imports is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time