Company: Sysco Northeast Redistribution Center
Location: US-VA-Front Royal
Zip Code: 22630
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
This position is responsible for the overall leadership, direction and success of all RDC operations by location. Collaborates with the Sysco Supply Chain Management Team and related Sysco Opcos to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies to accomplish the organization’s mission and vision in accordance with state and federal regulatory agencies, as appropriate, and the Company objectives and policies. Ultimately responsible for 400+ associates on various shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provides leadership and management to ensure that the mission and vision of the Company are put into practice. Provides oversight to the RDC operations management team for all activities and assures a smoothly functioning, safe, and efficient organization.
- Leads the RDC operations team to achieve and surpass productivity, business goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with the RDC operations management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel to accommodate the growth objectives of the organization.
- Motivates and leads a management team and provides career development mentoring. Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the organization.
- Assures a work environment that recruits, retains and supports staff personnel. Assures process for selecting, development, motivating and evaluating staff.
- Assists the Senior VP, Redistribution with developing short term and long term goals for RDC operations.
- Collaborates with supply chain business partners (other RDC teams, Inventory Management, Transportation, Supply Chain Services, Supply Chain Analytics, Distribution Services, and opcos) to achieve most efficient product flow and to continuously drive best cost and service.
- Oversees the fiscal activities of the RDC organization including profit planning and reporting.
- Oversees staffing, training, development, evaluation and discipline of the RDC operations team.
- Fosters an environment that encourages associate involvement, commits to quality of work from self and others, and provides leadership for mutual benefit of the Company, customers and associates.
- Maintains ongoing communication and interaction with operations management teams of Sysco opcos and their respective MMVPs and Regional VPs serviced by the RDC.
- Attends and represents the RDC in all Supply Chain meetings, staff meetings and financial review meetings.
- Maintains working knowledge of all warehouse related systems and processes.
- Maintains knowledge of all Company policies and procedures and consistently administers same, including interviewing, coaching, progressive discipline and termination.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Associate Handbook, etc.
- Comply with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations and policies (i.e. OSHA, HACCP, etc.)
- Supports food safety policies, standard operating procedures, and prerequisite food safety control programs that meet legal and quality requirements and industry best practices as defined in our Food Safety Commitment documentation.
- Accepts additional responsibilities or special projects as requested/directed.
Responsible for providing direction and leadership to the RDC operations management team, as well as ongoing communication of related status and issues to the Company’s senior management. Determines and provides training and development of staff members as needed. Assists in personnel recruitment to fulfill management staffing requirements. Responsible for performance evaluations of immediate subordinates on an as scheduled basis for the purpose of communicating and properly documenting expectations and evaluations of the staff. Provides ongoing feedback on the performance of subordinates and the department by monitoring activities and reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a physical assessment.
- Demonstrated progressive levels of management experience required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma is required, and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred with a concentration in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Merchandising, Procurement, or Transportation. Ten (10) years operations experience required. A minimum of ten (10) years verifiable experience in various management/leadership roles required, preferably in a distribution related industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Broadline operations and RDC experience preferred. Proven experience in examining and aligning operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures. Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments. Ability to foster a cooperative work environment with business partners and collaborate with multiple teams at multiple levels within the organization to achieve corporate objectives. Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects. Must have knowledge and demonstrated skill set in the areas of budget preparation and fiscal management. Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) skills are required.
Must be articulate and possess effective written and verbal communication skills with individuals of broadly varying backgrounds and educational levels. Must have the ability to maintain cooperation between all departments of the operation. Good interpersonal skills are required.
Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, government regulations, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from individuals of broadly varying levels, managers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, the general public, and the Company’s executive management or as requested.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to be able to work effectively and communicate with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations.
Must be able to work in a proactive manner, address issues, and solve problems by using previous education and experience in identifying appropriate actions. Problems will vary in complexity and there will not always be a clearly defined solution. Some solutions may require modifying past applications or creating a solution unique to the current situation but within the regulations that would apply.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
No certification needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
The working conditions and physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and telephone keyboard, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to sit for prolonged periods of time. The associate is seldom required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, or to stoop, kneel, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Job duties are primarily performed in an office environment; however, associate is occasionally exposed to varying temperatures to include the freezer, cooler, and dry warehouse locations; is occasionally exposed to fast moving material handling equipment or other mechanical equipment; is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, vehicle emissions, contained toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, high voltage electrical equipment and vibration. The noise level in the work environment occasionally is moderate.
This is a full-time position. Must have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include days or nights, weekdays or weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on business needs and requirements.
This position requires travel to support the business needs of the RDC.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Northeast Redistribution Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time