Company: Sysco San Francisco
Zip Code: 94538
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The Finance Associate is responsible for general duties in support of the OpCo operations and works in collaboration with SBS to assist in resolving exceptions and issues. Specific duties will including, handling of local payments, deposits, managing petty cash, will call transactions, scanning of supporting documentation, and local regulatory compliance.
Primary areas of responsibility:
This Finance role is responsible for performing selected Finance and accounting duties that are transactional or administrative. Duties at the OpCo include but not limited to:
- Performing deposits of all cash/manual payments that come directly to the OpCo. Scanning of back up support for checks, remittances, and other customer documents.
- Responsible for managing petty cash fund and replenishments
- Responsible for scanning invoices and receiving packets at the OpCo.
- Responsible for reporting issues within quality control and providing documentation to the SBS processing teams. This role would work closely with the quality control teams to ensure claims are submitted to obtain supplier credits
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting regulatory compliance (i.e. USDA, food safety documentation, etc.).
- Responsible for handling will call transactions involving payments from customers and employees. Includes processing employee purchases.
High School diploma required
2+ years of finance and/or administration experience focused on document flow and handling transactional processing with deposit processing experience preferred
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization.
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two-way communication.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excel proficient.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally may requested to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco San Francisco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time