Company: FreshPoint South Florida
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 75%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Increase market share and gross profit by motivating, training, delegating, and coaching a staff of Marketing Associates to achieve established corporate goals. Responsible for customer service, prospecting, and retention of existing market share by coordinating services of departments to effectively achieve these goals.
This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Organized, dedicated, professional, able to work in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Passionate leadership skills, independent problem solver with a true desire to win.
- Familiar with produce, including varieties, product size, characteristics, storage requirements, seasonal differences and product features.
- Meet or exceed sales budget, sales dollars, and GP dollars.
- Motivate, discipline, hire/fire sales staff.
- Conduct weekly sales meeting with the staff.
- Coach and evaluate MA, riding with them each week.
- Prepare weekly reports: Sales Summary and New/Lost Report for GM. Prepare monthly reports: Significant New/Lost Customer Reports, Sales Manager Targeted Customer Report, and Manage Account Profitability Report.
- Continually train and develop staff
- Maintain growth pattern.
- Review weekly Sales Summary for customer problem areas and address with appropriate staff member of department.
- Works closely with transportation with routing and delivery issues
- Ensures staff follows are procedures when setting up new accounts to include communication with transportation and accounting.
- Maintain copies of quarterly sales reports.
- Assist Credit Manager in collections/ bad debt.
- Coordinate promotional activities; cash incentives program for sales, customer discounts.
- Monthly review and approval of incentives to MA’s and CSR’s.
- Works weekly with buyers to develop pricing and is responsible for bid process.
- Prepare performance evaluations on time.
- Adherence to work schedule and attendance policy.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of three (3) years sales experience
- Ability to uncover new areas and directions for market penetration of company products is essential, as is the ability to organize marketing priorities to coincide with the company’s growth plans.
- Working knowledge of general operating procedures in warehouse and distribution environment.
- Experience with the preparation of budgets
- Must be able to direct sales force and provide leadership in terms of sales, marketing, training, and discipline.
- Experience managing individuals, motivating, training and disciplining staff
- Must be able to interact well with all levels of management.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Valid driver license and MVR is within company standards.
- Defensive driving certificate current.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- This position requires the ability to sit for extended periods while traveling in a vehicle. May occasionally be required to deliver product to customers which requires medium lifting.
- Office environment and little or no travel
- To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Driving Results
- Communication & Listening
- Understanding Customers
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint South Florida is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time