Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Grand Rapids
Location: US-MI-Grand Rapids
Zip Code: 49512
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Sorts incoming mail for distribution, dispatches outgoing mail, orders supplies and covers Receptionist vacation/lunch. Assist the Human Resource department with clerical duties as assigned.
Normal hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8a.m. until 5p.m., with 1 hour lunch. Additional hours may be required to meet the seasonal nature of our business and to meet certain requirements of our Company.
- Process outgoing US mail including sealing, weighing, posting and sorting. Handle all paperwork associated with discount mailing and express mail. Ensure proper postage in the mail machine. Coordinate mail through Federal Express, UPS or USPS and tracking information through software programs.
- Distribute and maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Maintain lists and print envelopes for all departments' routine mailings.
- Maintain associate bulletin boards.
- Separate dropships and credits; send to Marketing Associates for Accounts Payable.
- Compare, suggest and determine the most cost-effective methods relating to the Company's supplies, mailing system, printing, envelopes, and forms.
- Clean and organize mail room and equipment weekly.
- Cover and back-up receptionist as needed, includes covering switchboard and scanning checks.
- Maintain Associate records by ensuring that the documentation is filed correctly.
- Create files for new hires.
- Prepare all materials for new hires and perform quarterly audits.
- Assist in shredding confidential documents.
- Prepare all materials for new hire and orientation.
- Act as primary backup for the Receptionist position.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating record keeping for the Safety Department.
- Assist the VP of HR and HR Manager in various special projects.
- Answer and transfer phone calls.
- Maintain the communication in all bulletin boards.
- Take the meeting minutes, type and distribute the copy to the HR department.
- Type documents in word format.
- Maintain all documentation and communication confidential.
- Responsible of all aspects of sorting and logging of all incoming and inter-office mail.
- Responsible to keep the filing room clean and well-organized.
- Assists in the set up and all employee relations events.
- Human Resources of Administrative experience preferred
Education and / or Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Operate specific computer software: Microsoft office, Internet, Mailing software,
- Communication, planning and organizing, initiative, follow-up and quality orientation skills.
- Knowledge of mail machines, postal regulations, and copiers.
- Ability to troubleshoot office equipment.
- Maintain management and associate confidence by keeping information confidential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Additional work hours may be required.
- The associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, use hands to handle or feel objects, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach with hands and arms, finger dexterity to operate a computer, calculator or other equipment and smell. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Grand Rapids is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time