Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Seattle
Zip Code: 98032
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The sales admin provides direct clerical support to the Vice President of Sales for local sales.
- Support Customer Engagement efforts by enabling the sales organization to provide Sysco customers with expanded service channel options (e.g. Sales Coordinator, Sysco Market and Sysco Mobile).
- Compose and prepare correspondence, reports and documents using Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Responsible for Vice President of Sales e-mail
- Make travel arrangements as required for all sales personnel, through appropriate travel agency and book hotel rooms as required. Authorize payroll deductions for hotel rooms per the policy
- Assist in preparation of food shows and sales meetings
- Respond to solicitations for company donations
- Screen phone calls for the Vice President of Sales and take messages
- Maintain files
- Maintain local information within CRM (Sysco 360)
- Research information on the CRT or PC as required
- Generate copy and distribute promotional reports
- Order supplies for the Sales Department
- Schedule room arrangements, set-up and/or attend DSM meetings, sales meetings, food shows, etc. as required
- Collect, prepare and distribute POS material and flyers
- Run pre-formatted Business Objects tracking, commission, etc. Reports
- Create and maintain promotional tracking spreadsheets
- Support other areas of the company as business needs dictate, i.e. reception desk, supply orders, administrative functions, etc.
- 1-2 years' related administrative experience providing support to an executive level supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. business administration) or equivalent educational level preferred.
- 2 years' related administrative experience providing support to an executive level supervisor
- Working knowledge of a Sysco Sales processes, organization and product categories
Education and / or Experience:
- High School education required.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Able to type a minimum of 50-wpm accurately.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management; remain poised, professional and diplomatic under pressure.
- Must have the ability to be detail-oriented and balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a demonstrated ability to plan and organize work activities; analyze and disseminate forms; manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; identify and solve problems; maintain a file system to include alphabetical, numerical, and chronological filing activities.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must be able to proofread and make appropriate spelling and grammar corrections to documents written in English.
- Must provide enthusiasm and creativity in problem solving, along with flexibility and a desire to learn.
- Must be able to handle confidential information with integrity and discretion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Seattle is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time