Company: FreshPoint Atlanta
Zip Code: 30213
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances. Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential and continuously improve the payment process
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Process customer credits
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor degree preferred
- One (1) year Accounts Payable experience
- Strong 10-key and data entry skills, accuracy critical
- Proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to perform detailed work at a respectable pace
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and sit for extended periods and perform repetitive movements in wrists and arms on a frequent basis. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Work is typically performed indoors in a climate controlled office environment at a desk or table requiring sitting, standing and stooping; and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Atlanta is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time