Company: Sysco Western Minnesota
Location: US-MN-St Cloud
Zip Code: 56304
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
There is a $1,000 Sign on Bonus offered for this job!
More information about this job:
This position is located at 900 S Hwy 10, St Cloud, MN, 56304.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
- Enforcement of GMP's as well as employee instruction and training
- Plant Pre-op Inspection.
- Performing Daily Operational Inspections
- Verification, Observation and Review of Monitors and all HACCP documentation
- Assist in maintaining product specifications in formulation and packaging
- Observe all policies and procedures for the department and plant.
- Enforcement of GMP's would be visual inspection of all employees as well as visitors and guests to ensure they are adhering to our established GMPs.
- Training would include re- instructing employees with repeat deficiencies
- Ensuring all temporary help is in compliance and understands our GMPs
- Ensuring all visitors have read our policy and are in compliance
- Plant Pre-Op Inspection would include daily random visual and ATP swab testing of cleaned surfaces. Verify maintenance of good housekeeping of work and storage areas. Ensure proper sanitation procedures are followed. Note deficiencies and communicate with the Sanitation Supervisor all re-cleaning and re-inspections.
- Daily operational inspections would include monitoring of GMPs as well as temperature monitoring, insuring sanitizer strength, maintaining foot baths, reviewing pest control, insuring security program, enforcement of allergen controls, monitoring room temperatures, scale calibrations and setting metal detectors.
- Perform sensory evaluation of all products as they are produced. Take daily product samples and maintain control of all samples.
- Generate daily product paperwork and check completion of all forms relating to products or sanitation. Insure product quality through Pre-Shipment verification.
- Back up label making.
- Maintain a neat personal appearance according to department's dress code policy.
- Observe all local, state and federal health codes and regulations as well as those that apply to weights and measures.
- Attend QA meetings to learn of new information or revisions to old procedures.
- Report to QA Manager concerns with GMP violations or ideas on QA or Food Safety improvements. Maintain good working relationship with USDA Inspectors.
- Previous food manufacturing or quality assurance experience preferred. (2+ years)
- Completion of Food Safety training course.
- Must be able to work with little supervision and provide direction to others.
- Must be able to plan order of work according to priorities.
- Must have good oral and written communications in dealing with co-workers and be able to follow and give instructions.
- Able to perform basic math computations.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have working knowledge of PC's and printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Scheduled hours: 40 hours per week. Monday ' Friday. Hours to be determined; schedule may change during periods of heavy production or vacation by other team members, which may require some over-time.
2. Able to stand and move about constantly (more than 50% of time worked). Able to stoop and bend frequently.
3. Able to work in a cold environment, 45 ' 50 degrees (more than 50% of time worked).
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Western Minnesota is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time