Company: Guest Supply
Location: US-OH-Grove City
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The Warehouse Selector is responsible for the following warehouse activities including but not limited to: selecting, shipping, putaway, replenishment, consolidation, count checks, loading of trucks.
- Select customer orders using Vocollect Voice Recognition Technology: Uses various powered industrial equipment to perform the following:
- Select, palletize and convey product to staging area for shipment to customers.
- Meet company Productivity and Accuracy goals to ensure excellent customer service.
- Wrap pallets by machine or hand to ensure stability.
- Load outbound shipments in a way so that they are stable to ensure safety and avoid product damage
- Conveying of items from the Receiving area or Staging area to Home, Overflow or Bulk locations
- Replenishment, Item Demand, Count Checks and Consolidation of items in the warehouse:
- Convey items from storage locations to Home/Bulk locations
- Consolidate like items in storage locations to maximize warehouse space
- Count inventory to make sure product quantities are correct in the locations
- Warehouse Housekeeping and Safety:
- Clean dock areas & all assigned aisles in accordance with warehouse policy
- Comply with all Safety regulations and standards
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 2-4 years’ experience working in a warehouse environment
- Proficient in the operation of Powered Industrial Trucks such as stand-up reach truck or sit-down truck and other industrial equipment (i.e., double pallet jack). 1-2 years’ related experience preferred.
- Warehouse Management System (i.e., WMS-HighJump/PeopleSoft) experience preferred.
- Experience with RF or Voice devices preferred but not required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY):
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively prepare and present reports and information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff.
- Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner. Ability to build working relationships with internal business partners, vendors and customers.
- Planning/Organization – Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Expertise in gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; compute rate, ratio and percent; use of whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to read, understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner. Complies with local, state and federal regulations and safety guidelines.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently prepared and ready to work and on time.
- Experience with WMS-HighJump/PeopleSoft, Voice Recognition and RF devices a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT”
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee moves different package sizes and weights and is regularly required to walk, stand, sit and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, office and warehouse equipment and telephone or Voice Recognition and RF devices to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb or balance. The employee is required to lift up to 50 pounds and/or move up to 200 pounds with assistance.
- This position will primarily work in a warehouse environment and may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, cold or elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate and environment fast paced.
- This position may require evening, weekend or other shift work depending on business needs.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time