Company: FreshPoint Dallas
Zip Code: 75244
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The Human Resources Generalist partners with the Operating Company (OpCo) Management and Corporate Human Resources to manage compliance with company policies and procedures to maintain equitable and consistent development and treatment of associates at the OpCo.
- Pay Type: Salaried
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Work Location: 4721 Simon Road Dallas Texas 75244
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with administering company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Supports aspects of the payroll process and insures compliance with federal wage and hour laws.
- Partners with centralized recruiters and coordinates interview scheduling with the hiring manager.
- Conducts portions of new employee orientation. Ensures new employees understand company policies and procedures and benefit programs.
- Helps direct employees to resolve benefit questions, orients newly eligible employees, and provides updates and training on benefit changes.
- Prepares and maintains human resources and employee benefits data and reports.
- Provides the Safety Manager with administrative support as it relates to safety programs and initiatives and prepares related reports as needed.
- Assists in coordinating with managers and health care professionals’ accommodations, return-to-work, light-duty, and other responses for injured or disabled employees.
- Assists in administration of a FMLA program.
- Maintains HRIS program.
- Coordinates with managers to schedule temporary workers as needed.
- Follow all SQF principles pertinent to the position as specified by the SQF Practitioner.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Experience in recruiting is beneficial.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office and various HRIS.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) strongly preferred. Three - five years of related experience could be substituted for the degree. Equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
Office environment with strong exposure to warehouse environment.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time