Company: Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Houston
More information about this job:
Sysco is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At Sysco, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at Sysco.
Job Summary: Removes different product from conveyor, inspects to customer specifications and hand packs in boxes, Multi-Vacs, Super-Vacs and cryovac bags.
Reports to: Production Supervisor/ Manager Salary Type: Non-Exempt
- Set up the machines
- Making correct package size for product.
- Insert correct lot number and dates.
- Prioritizes orders for timely completion and assigns orders to the various packers.
- Responsible for seeing that completed orders get to the proper holding area.
- Constantly monitors machines for operation and safety problems.
- Check packages leaks, discoloration and foreign objects inside the package.
- Pack packages of product into designated cartons per specifications on the customer order.
- Reports discrepancies to leads or supervisor.
- Required to follow all GMP' s and safety regulations.
- Responsible for working until relieved by supervisor/ manager.
- This may require working longer than schedule work hours.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Required to do rework on finished product or clean up packing line and floor area and sanitize and cover machine with plastic.
- Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for 1012 hours
- Ability to stand long period of times
- Ability to lift 2 oz. to 60 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
- Must be able to pass drug test and background.
- Knowledge of packaging.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Strong logical reasoning skills.
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to work until job is completed.
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out simple instructions.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.