Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Buckhead Meat Florida, Division of Buckhead Meat Co (151)
Zip Code: 33823
Minimum Level of Education: Associate's degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Brief role description
This position is responsible for the oversight of several functional areas such as: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Financial Reporting. The position interacts with various departments throughout the company to resolve payable and receivable issues as well as reporting financial results and general ledger activity.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Supervises and directs work of Accounts Payable Associates, Account Receivable Associates, Accounting Associates
- Responsible for the recruiting, training, and performance management and development of finance associates
- Completes monthly close duties and schedules in a timely manner
- Interact with Accountants, and finance leads in terms of monthly close activities, including journal entries, monthly schedules and reconciliation work
- Make recommendations to management to improve profitability
- Identify opportunities to control costs and reduce expenses
- Prepare and file local tax returns
- May oversee and manage the payroll activities of local business
- Participate in shrink committee.
Associates Degree in Finance or Accounting
5 years of accounts payable experience required, preferably with 1+ year leading others
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
• Must be able to analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations from the data
• Ability to lead and direct clerical positions
• Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat Florida, Division of Buckhead Meat Co (151) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time