Company: Sysco Central Florida
Zip Code: 34761
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 200 West Story Rd, Ocoee, FL, 34761.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This is a part-time position responsible for safeguarding, patrolling, and monitoring any theft or violence on the premises, where a duty has been assigned. All duties are directed by the safety manager. In any case, the security guard is responsible for serving Sysco by providing safety against law violators, and determining disturbances, which may incur any sort of physical or financial losses.
- Log all incoming traffic into operations area.
- Physically check all invoices to verify and account for all cases of product leaving the facility.
- Monitor security cameras.
- Perform daily grounds check at end of each shift.
- Assist Day Warehouse with driver check-in.
- Contact emergency agencies if required.
- Keep various records and reports as required.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Valid Driver License
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- The ability to write, count and read numbers and letters
- Work a flexible schedule: nights, weekends and holidays.
- Possess effective communication skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Perform job duties independently without constant supervision.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Basic organizational skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding an exercise proper judgment in all security and safety issues
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Employee is constantly required to: Stand, bend, sit, stoop, walk, squat, lift, grasp, talk, hear and see. Will be exposed to all types of weather conditions and temperatures. Work in closed office, walk up and down small flights of stairs repetitively. Both sedentary and physical in nature.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Central Florida is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time