Company: Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Houston
More information about this job:
Sysco is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At Sysco, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at Sysco.
Job Summary: Removes different product from conveyor inspects to customer specifications and hand packs in boxes, Multi-Vacs, Super-Vacs and cryovac bags.
Reports to: Processing Manager/Supervisor Salary Type: Non-Exempt
- Receives packing orders and determines that correct packing materials are available at packing station. Notifies material handler if additional materials are needed for the packing run.
- Visually inspects quality, weights and specifications of product, setting aside defective items.
- Constantly monitors machines for operation and safety problems.
- Check packages leaks, discoloration and foreign objects inside the package.
- Pack packages of product into designated cartons per specifications on the customer order.
- Places identification labels on cartons.
- Reports discrepancies to leads or supervisor.
- Required to follow all GMP's and safety regulations.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- Prior experience with portion cutting (meat, vegetables, etc.)
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Must pass required company drug test and background check.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for 10- 12 hours
- Ability to stand 10-12 hours
- Ability to lift 2 oz. to 60 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.