Company: FreshPoint Atlanta
Zip Code: 30213
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
During this time you will learn our products, systems, customer mix and general business operations. During the initial year you will assist with additional projects and administrative duties that will further your exposure to various departments and functions. Once the initial year is completed you will have the opportunity to work in various departments, develop a career path and identify long term career goals. The intent is that your performance and drive will earn you the opportunity to fast track into a leadership role within our organization.
This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong customer relations, employee relations and problem resolution skills
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management and communicate effectively in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, follow through on directions, and organize effectively to satisfy the customer’s needs
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatile, flexible, and willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Agriculture or appropriate discipline.
- One (1) year experience working in a sales or food related position.
- Answer phones and provide exceptional customer service.
- Key orders, upsell, and promote new product lines.
- Tracking of account coordinators incentives and credits.
- Consistent contact with key accounts.
- Work in conjunction with purchasing to manage out of stocks, product substitutions and customer specifications.
- Update and manage customer order guides, online order capabilities, and other customer specific tools.
- Coordinate and ensure contract compliance with contracted and cost plus programs and pass all audits.
- Ensure product and specs are met with contracted products.
- Coordinate and communicate customer concerns with appropriate departments – Customer Troubleshooting.
- Track customer delivery times, delivery window compliance, and other customer expectations.
- Visit customer base addressing service issues and providing with market information.
- Identify customer needs/requests and satisfy them profitably.
- Notify customers daily of items T.O. or substituted.
- Understand edit procedure, operate the phone system.
- Maintain existing customer base through effective customer service skills.
- Follow through and take ownership with all customers developing relationships and leveraging those relationships to market new product lines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Good attendance and adherence to the work schedule.
- Identify key cost saving opportunities and partner with department heads to implement cost saving strategies.
- Partner with various departments to develop new opportunities to enhance our customer’s experience.
- Other projects as they arise and are delegated by leadership.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Trust
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Atlanta is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time