Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
The Warehouse Electrician and Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for providing general maintenance and electrical work to both Sayreville buildings. Repair, maintain electrical machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, dock doors & levelers, facility machines, racks, stretch wrap equipment, HVAC’s and all other building equipment. Follow preventative maintenance schedules for equipment, and buildings. Comply with all GMP, housekeeping and safety practices standards. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to compliance with government regulations, ensuring safety and security of the building, its contents and people and management. Follow direction from maintenance supervisor. Maintain positive and productive relationships.
- Perform general indoor and outdoor electrical and mechanical maintenance.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance on all facility equipment.
- Observe electrical and mechanical devices in operation; observe their function and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Repair or replace defective parts.
- Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials.
- Prepare sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints.
- Complete electrical assignments as directed by supervision. Set up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Maintain and install all required safety equipment.
- Document any problems of unusual nature and provide remedial action if possible.
- Complete repairs and or preventive maintenance on HVAC; perform assignments involving carpentry, painting, plumbing, masonry repairs and basic electrical assignments.
- Cut and weld steel structural members.
- Report any potential safety hazardous, violations or issues immediately.
- Follow GMP’s related to personal hygiene and handling of equipment in order to maintain hygiene standards.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and Supervision.
- Complete preventative maintenance assignments on equipment, and buildings
- Assure compliance of all company and local, state and federal regulatory agencies’ (i.e., OSHA and FDA) policies and regulations.
- Suggest efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assist with the implementation of changes within the facility.
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Basic Electrical Certificate
• 2 years maintenance experience in warehouse and/or manufacturing environment, including basic electrical work.
• Ability to operate powered industrial equipment, including scissor lift and articulated lift equipment preferred.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, equipment manuals, blue prints, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply & divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously.
• Ability to provide effective training to department staff on areas such as SOP’s, Safety, Conduct, etc.
• Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
• Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Uses time effectively.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and preventative measures.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Critical Thinking – Ability to analyze situations in a critical manner presenting proactive ways rather than reactive solutions.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities and customer requirements are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings prepared and on time.
• Working knowledge on MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) preferred. Ability to learn and apply Guest Packaging/Supply technology software and programs.
• Working knowledge of environmental regulations/legislation and governing bodies.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 500 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• While this position will primarily work in a warehouse/manufacturing environment, this position will require travel. There is very limited overnight travel required and specifically pertains to company events, staff meetings, training sessions & vendor fairs. May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to move different package sizes, maintenance tools, power tools, equipment, parts, etc. and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, dust, airborne particles, fumes, lubricants, cleaning products, cold and elevated ambient temperature and outside weather conditions.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time