Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint Southern California
Location: US-CA-City of Industry
Zip Code: 91744
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This is a Senior Leadership Operations position responsible for all Value Added operations, PRDC sales & distribution, IC & IG procurement, and assortment development.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in all Senior Leadership Meetings to include Sales Strategy, Pricing Strategy, Expense planning and control, Annual Operating Planning, Etc.
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects.
- Responsible for accurate, efficient, fiscally responsible work and safety of Value Added and associates. Strategically adjusts departments’ activities, policies and practices to meet or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals. Actively supports other departments in the achievement of goals.
- Managing inventory, arranging transportation. Monitoring pricing and markets
- Ensuring Occupational Safety and Food Safety Compliance by monitoring work, training employees on preferred work methods, and development of procedures to implement overall occupational and food safety compliance at the Opco.
- Coaching and development of staff to ensure that production, budgetary, and quality goals are achieved. Review team’s CMP’s regularly to ensure they are on track to meet their goals. Troubleshooting concerns as related to the department.
- Develop assortment opportunities for IC, IG, and local repack products
- Supervise the sales and service components of PRDC.
- Manage margin for PRDC sales
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (4 additional years of related experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree)
- 10+ years Operations or purchasing experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issue. Demonstrate skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Ability to develop key manufacturing performance indicators and metrics and promote & communicate to management all critical production data
- Must be a positive change agent.
- General understanding of purchasing, distribution and warehousing procedures.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in a positive manner, follow through on directions and organize effectively to satisfy the customers’ needs.
- Must be able to present themselves in a professional manner and exhibit the basic tenants of effective leadership.
- Proven ability to effectively manage projects and multi-task.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Keen knowledge of the produce industry and business to include product knowledge, grower / packer knowledge and relationships, and market drivers
- Ability to think outside the box and create sales opportunities for the Opco and our Sysco companies
Decision Making Authority
Most important decisions made fully independently:
Market and weekly pricing, contracts, daily execution of the applicable departmental activities, budget oversight, strategically adjust department activities, cost reduction measures, efficiency ideas, and compliance with company requirements, staff selection, compensation, development, discipline, performance reviews, and termination.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Southern California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time