Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Assist in assuring the efficient and correct order fulfillment and loading of Metropolitans route trucks, orders and will-call orders.
- Fill in, as required, in any Warehouse job functions including but not limited to: Receiving, Order Selecting, Put Away, Shipping, receiving, Inventory Control.
- Assure all returns are processed in a timely manner.
- Work with other departments such as QA, Production, Merchandising, and Accounting on any product or customer issues that need to be resolved.
- Assist in assuring any and all special product requirements have been met.
- In the Supervisors absence, provide direction, instruction, and full oversight of Warehouse personnel and processes.
- Assist in investigating inventory discrepancies.
- Assure that all safety and GMP rules are adhered to by all personnel.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to supervisor immediately.
- A high school diploma/GED or equivalent in experience is required.
- Must be able and willing to learn to become proficient in our computer ERP system.
- Knowledge of MS Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be well versed in the shipping, receiving and inventory management functions of a Warehouse.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to lead and direct people.
- Must have the Ability to provide clear directions, instructions and expectations to other employee.
- Forklift, Cherry Picker and Pallet Jack
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Position requires frequent standing, walking, and occasional lifting of up to 80 lbs.
- Over 2/3 of time spent in a cold environment
Loud noise is typical in this environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time