Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 07065
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
This position is responsible for the planning, scheduling, performing and directing of the maintenance work efforts that support the Soap Operations Department of the Sayreville Manufacturing & Packaging Facility.
Direct, coordinate, monitor and perform the daily maintenance activities of the Soap Operations to assure compliance of standard procedures, quality, safety and equipment performance.
Evaluate & prioritize equipment repairs and maintenance to meet business demands. Provide & implement strategic plan with manager and planning to meet daily requirements and minimize or eliminate down time
Provide & maintain a safe working environment. Coordinate efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, updating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes and routine safety inspections.
Perform upgrades and repairs and ensure they are completed efficiently and effectively. Suggest and implement process improvements that will increase safety and quality, while reducing costs.
Assure compliance of all company and local, state and federal regulatory agencies’ (i.e., OSHA and FDA) policies and regulations.
Coordinate the utilization of contractors and vendors used to support the efforts of the Soap Operations by maintaining necessary parts inventory and utilities management.
Degrees/Certificates Minimum Required:
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED) · Certification in applicable trades
Years and type of experience Minimum Required: · 2 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
· 5 years experience in operation & maintenance of packaging & processing equipment.
Skills Type and Proficiency Minimum Required:
· Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply & divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
· Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously.
· Ability to provide effective training to department staff regarding operation, repair or preventive maintenance of equipment.
· Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
· Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines as necessary. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Uses time effectively.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and preventative measures. · Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
· Critical Thinking – Ability to analyze situations in a critical manner presenting proactive ways rather than reactive solutions. · Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Arrives at meetings prepared and on time.
· Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Ability to learn and apply Guest Supply technology software and programs as well as industry standard electronics controls, hardware & software.
· Ability to communicate with and manage the activities of outside suppliers and vendors.
Most important decisions made fully independently:
· Researching for and purchasing the best quality and price for necessary equipment repair and or replacement parts
Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
· Vendor contracts approval
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform theessential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· While this position will primarily work in a manufacturing environment, this position may require travel. There may be overnight travel required and specifically pertains to company events, staff meetings, training sessions, vendor and customer facility visits. May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· This position may require hours beyond the employees scheduled hours.
· This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time