Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Summary of Job Purpose:
Reporting to Corp Logistics and Supply Management, the MGR, GLOBAL LOGISTICS TRADE MGMT is responsible for providing operational support and expertise to ensure operational excellence and compliance with import, export, and supply chain security laws and regulations.
In conjunction with Sr Mgr., International Trade & Compliance this role will support project-based initiatives to develop Internal Controls, Manuals, SOPs, communications, implementation of programs, KPIs, audit and reporting of daily logistics operations.
The MGR, GLOBAL LOGISTICS TRADE MGMT will support the auditing function, assist in monitoring results for potential issues and work with the Sr Mgr., International Trade & Compliance to strengthen Sysco’s operations by leveraging efficiencies within the import process and implementing internal controls.
The Mgr., Global Logistics Trade Mgmt will be tasked with assisting in managing the daily logistics/import transactions for Sysco’s global operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and operational support and expertise to ensure compliance with import, export, and supply chain security laws and regulations. Support an effective Compliance Monitoring function so that it has sufficient expertise, resource, operating policies and procedures appropriate for the business. Assist in identifying trends, root causes and gaps on the Trade Compliance Program and be proactive and collaborative in working with the Global Trade Management & Compliance team to make changes to policies, procedures and working practices in response. Support project-based initiatives to develop Internal Controls, Manuals, SOPs, communications, implementation of programs, audit and reporting.
- Support the auditing function of the Trade Compliance Program to assist in complying with regulatory requirements (e.g. CBP, ISF, HTS, valuation etc.) as well as auditing of service providers and support in creating and monitoring applicable KPIs.
- Strives to be the subject matter expert on international logistics, trade and compliance. With a constant focus toward Continuous Improvement in service and cost, will ensure SOP’s (standard operational procedures) are in place and effective for both internal Sysco Corp stakeholders and third parties.
- Collaborate and coordinate with third party service providers and intermediaries. Includes, but not limited to, NVOCC’s (Non Vessel Operating Common Carriers), Customs Brokers, LLP’s (Lead Logistics Providers), etc. Direct involvement with third parties to ensure shipping requirements, bookings, document compliance, ocean carrier allocations, tracking & tracing, and all facets of logistics related to international trade meet Sysco Corp. requirements and expectations.
- Maintain daily oversight of supply chain product flow from origin to destination; ensuring service and cost expectations are achieved. Maintain communication with customs brokers, Sysco’s forward warehouse and redistribution network, and internal departments involved with international trade.
- Support the RFI (Request for Information) and RFP (Request for Proposal) process.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral combined with a strong Customer focus;
- Must be committed to integrity, ethics, and building strong relationships in a diverse setting;
- Strong functional/technical skills;
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize;
- Ability to be an independent thought leader for the function and work effectively as part of a highly integrated leadership team
- BS or BA degree required
- Preference for supply chain management, business or operations management, international business, or industrial distribution
- Advanced degree in a relevant field, such as International Trade, Logistics, etc. is highly preferred
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in imports/exports managing containerized cargo.
- Solid understanding of regulations for HTS (Harmonized Tariff Codes), U.S CBP (Customs Border Protection), FDA (Food & Drug Administration), OGA (Other Government Agency) clearances, and Federal & International Hazardous Material Regulations.
- Experience in import-export documentation
- Having previously implemented, or involved in, C-TPAT and ISA certifications with the CBP is highly desired.
- Preference for experience in cold-chain logistics, service function within a supply chain organization, etc.
- Familiarity and/or experience with LEAN and Six Sigma.
- Bilingual or multilingual, including English language
Abilities and Skills::
- Demonstrated skills in project management required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) is required
- Related industry and/or process management certifications from APICS, PMI, ASQ, and/or CSCMP are highly desirable.
- SAP proficiency highly desired.
- USA Customs Broker License preferred.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full time basis without future employment sponsorship.
- Applicants must have US citizen or appropriate travel documents, with the ability to travel abroad to Canada and/or Europe.
- Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more! Background and drug screen. EOE.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Houston is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time