Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
This position is responsible for material handling in compliance with all Good Manufacturing (GMP) and Warehousing Practices and housekeeping standards for assigned areas in Production facility. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure that production orders and incoming shipments are properly received, labeled, loaded, unloaded, racked and/or shipped. Inspect materials for visible defects or damage. Audit and ensure materials match inventory in computerized warehouse management systems. Report any discrepancies.
• Operate RF scanners to record all related materials handling transactions.
• Use material handling equipment such as forklift, power or manual hand jacks and stackers to move components and finished goods in a safe and efficient manner. Ensure weight of each load is distributed properly for safe movement and storage of materials.
• Ensure that inventory shortages are reported on time and documented correctly to facilitate new order in a timely manner.
• Prepare and maintain related forms (i.e., Receiving and Bill of Lading) accurately and legibly.
• Compile and remove all components and debris at end of each production run. Return unused materials to stock for accurate inventory control.
• Communicate effectively with co-workers and department supervision.
• Follow & comply with GMP’s related to handling of materials and equipment.
• Adhere to safety guidelines and general housekeeping standards throughout the warehouse.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
• 6 months of related work experience, skills and knowledge preferred. Knowledge of FDA and OSHA regulations a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY)
• Ability to communicate (verbally and written) in English. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Ability to read and comprehend company policies and procedures, safety rules, standard operational procedures (SOP), maintenance instructions, labels, manuals, reports and correspondence.
• Basic Math skills.
• Able to complete simple reports and correspondence.
• Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines. Uses time effectively.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and recommend preventative measures.
• Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities and customer requirements are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings prepared and on time.
• Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
• Familiarity with PeopleSoft and High Jump warehouse management systems a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands, arms and fingers to reach, lift, pull, push and operate work equipment, controls, and hand or power tools. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
• The employee is regularly required to lift or move up to 50 pounds. May occasionally move objects that weigh more than 50 pounds with the assistance from another/other employee(s).
• The position also requires corrected vision and the ability to talk and hear to normal range.
• Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, gloves and steel toe work shoes.
• Manufacturing environment with moderate noise level. This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, heights and outside weather conditions.
• This position may require overtime and weekend work depending on business needs.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time