Company: FreshPoint Raleigh
Zip Code: 27560
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
This is a Transportation position responsible for driving box trucks and tractor trailers for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products to FreshPoint customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations, and Safety Preferred Work Methods. This position requires working (12:00am until end-of-shift) until all product is accurately delivered. Overtime hours and working weekends and holidays are required in order to successfully deliver customers’ orders. Must be able to work Monday thru Saturday with early morning start times.
Do you have what it takes to be a FreshPoint Driver?
- Our drivers must be 21+ years of age.
- Our drivers must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver License with a "clean" driving record (no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years).
- Must have 1 year of Touch Freight experience
- Must have 1 year of CDL A driving experience
- Our drivers must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Our drivers must possess basic math skills.
- Our drivers frequently lift, push, or move product weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Our drivers have a winning attitude and approachable personality.
- Our drivers focus on our customers’ needs, which means often times starting work early in the morning, working overtime hours, weekends and holidays.
FreshPoint is more than just a place to work. Our passion for food and our customers has made us the industry leader. To remain at the top, we will continue to think bigger, work harder, and never give up. Are you ready to join us?
Take a look at some of our benefits:
- Competitive wages plus productivity incentives
- Paid Vacation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits package, with many coverage options
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee discount programs
- Uniforms, and Discounts on company stock for associates interested in also being a shareholder
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through FreshPoint, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time