Company: Newport Meat of Nevada
Location: US-NV-Las Vegas
Zip Code: 89118
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Brief role description
This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company’s products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration with an assigned territory by effectively selling the company’s products. Promote, sell, secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship approach. Demonstrate Products and Services to existing/potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Territory/Route Development: Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory to generate new business for Newport’s products and services.
- Make in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Taking Customer Orders with Newport goals in mind: Sales and GP/Stop maximization.
- Accurate Order Input and Communication: Participate, review and oversee input of orders for customers via communication with Inside Sales Partner.
- React Timely to Customer problems and needs. Review daily out of stocks, shortages, transportations issues and implement solutions quickly.
- Review, Analyze and react to daily/weekly sales and margin reports looking for improvement opportunities.
- Accounts Receivable Management: Develop relationship with A/P contact at every account. Participate and coordinate communication between them and Newport Account Receivable manager/representative.
- ”Ask Early and Often” - Control DSO’s and know signs when to say “No Ship or COD”
- Continuing Education: Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, trends and who the winners and losers are in your market. Participate in Newport/Sysco training and Customer Events.
- Update Bid Files, Customer Profiles and Customer Call sheets to ensure proper pricing and accuracy of needed items-thus reducing costly credits and returns.
- High School diploma
- Preferred: 4-year degree in Culinary Arts, Business, Marketing, Agriculture/Animal Science or related studies
- 2 years of foodservice and/or sales background strongly preferred
- Deep expertise of Meat & Seafood category, or restaurant/culinary background with a shown capacity to quickly learn and apply new knowledge
- Consultative sales ability
- Must be self –motivated and accountable for time management without constant supervisor direction.
- Exhibit strong customer relations skills and a sense of urgency in meeting customer needs.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with MS Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This positions will require regular travel utilizing personal vehicle and may result in longs periods of sitting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on customer needs.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat of Nevada is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time