Company: Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
Location: US-OR-Portland, US-OR-Gresham
Zip Code: 97230
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Brief role description
Lead Merchandising team, inventory and category management, vendor relations, pricing within a Tier II company with just Meat or Seafood
Primary areas of responsibility
- Direct and oversee all aspects and employees within the Merchandising department
- Effectively communicate product knowledge to sales team and other groups within SSMC to enhance growth.
- Evaluate and execute weekly costing activities, delivering a cost savings/avoidance with skillful utilization of market and industry knowledge.
- Manage vendor relationships at a high level and ensure growth and profitability within each category segment. Work with vendors to enhance product mix through new items or better pricing
- Ensure proper inventory levels and set direction and guidance for product specifications and aging requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or business experience equivalent)
- 5 years of progressive management experience in purchasing
- Strong leadership and strategic vision.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Pacific Northwest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time