Company: FreshPoint Oklahoma City
Location: US-OK-Oklahoma City
Zip Code: 73111
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. As a Sysco owned company, we provide the benefits and resources of a fortune 100 enterprise with a real family feel.
Opportunity is knocking! At FreshPoint we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great meal - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies FreshPoint. FreshPoint is a leader in selling, marketing and distributing produce, dairy and other food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
Position: Sanitation Worker
Reports to: Manager, Facility and Maintenance
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for general cleaning duties in the warehouse, office and facilities property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes daily walk around inspection
- Cleans, mops, sweeps and other general warehouse cleaning duties, including pressure washing.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the facilities property by picking up trash/debris throughout the property.
- Operates floor scrubber, waste compactor and cardboard bailer.
- Landscapes: mowing, weeding
- Good attendance and adherence to the work schedule. May be required to work overtime.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Facility Manager or designee.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to follow instruction and work independently.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Prior cleaning experience in a warehouse/office environment preferred.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. during the shift.
- Ability to work in awkward positions and confined spaces.
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling.
- A combination of office and warehouse environments.
- Must be able to work outdoors
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures for extended periods of time.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time