Company: FreshPoint Central California
Zip Code: 95382
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Ensuring that the tomato production lines loaded and unloaded in an efficient manner.
· Employee must pass a background check, pre-employment post offer drug screen and lifting test
· Must be able to communicate well with others
· Ability to handle multiple tasks
· Pass the minimum hiring requirements
· Maintain certification to operate all PIT (Powered Industrial Trucks) trained to operate
· Quality control on all items produced
o Constant inspection of all inventory for quality control
· Safe operation of forklifts and pallet jacks
· Disposing grey waste totes throughout shift as needed
· All grey trash cans in department are taken out and dumped out when necessary throughout shift
· Cleaning duties must be fulfilled before leaving for the day
· Schedules are set to the needs of Freshpoint
· Follow the PWM’s (Preferred Work Methods) for warehouse
· Loading and unloading all production lines as assigned by supervisors
· Labeling finished product as it comes off production lines
· Palletizing cases properly onto pallets
· Stocking chutes with lids
· Down stacking product as needed
· Packing product as needed
· Recording production onto worksheet as it is being produced on the production lines
· Other duties as assigned
· Warehouse environment- temperatures varying from 38 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit
· Shifts start between 4:00 am and 8:00 am and end when all work is completed
o Shifts generally are between 6 and 10 hours long, overtime as needed
· Work schedules are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
1. Amount of each day spent:
Standing 45% to 50% Walking 45% to 50% Sitting 0% to 10% Total 100 %
2. Employee works: Inside 100% Outside 0% Total 100 %
3. While performing the job, employee is required to:
How Often? How Long?
A. Twist/Turn Yes x No Frequently All shift
B. Stoop/Bend Yes x No Frequently All shift
C. Squat Yes x No Frequently All shift
D. Kneel Yes x No Rarely All shift
E. Crawl Yes No x Never
F. Climb Yes x No Occasionally All shift
G. Step up/Step down Yes x No Frequently All shift
H. Balance Yes x No Frequently All shift
I. Walk Above Ground Yes No x
J. Reach Upward Yes x No Occasionally All shift
K. Reach Forward Yes x No Frequently All shift
L. Wrist Rotation Yes x No Frequently All shift
M. Grasping Yes x No Continuously All shift
N. Pinching Yes x No Occasionally All shift
O. Manipulating Objects Yes x No Continually All shift
P. Push/Pull £ 21 – 50 lbs. Yes x No Continually All shift
Q. Push/Pull £ 50 lbs. Yes x No Continually All shift
4. Lifting Requirements**:
1 - 10 lbs. 11 - 20 lbs. 21 - 35 lbs. 36 - 50 lbs. 51 - 75 lbs. 76 - 100 lbs.
Frequently Frequently Frequently Frequently Occasionally Very rarely
5. Carrying Requirements**:
35 lbs. 50 lbs. 100 lbs.
Frequently Occasionally Very rarely
** Very Rarely = < 1% Rarely = 1-10% Occasionally = 11-33% Frequently = 34-66% Continually = 67% +
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.