Company: Buckhead Meat Northeast
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
JOB PROFILE SUMMARY:
- Responsible for managing or performing work associated with converting raw materials and components into finished goods including:
- General production manufacturing work.
- Assembling finished components or parts into finished.
- Process manufacturing batches of bulk materials/ingredients including mechanical processing (e.g., mixing, grinding, separating, filtering, etc.) and chemical processing (altering the chemical properties of materials through chemical reactions and changing temperature, pressure, etc.).
- Setting up and operating machine tools to convert materials into parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies Surface finishing of parts, components, and assembled items including washing/painting/plating/anti-corrosion coating, hardening, polishing/engraving/etching, etc.
- Packaging materials or finished goods into containers for the purpose of protection, display, and handling.
- Manual pack meat from holding containers into machine and also packing from machine into boxes. Unskilled tasks would include bone guarding, boxing, scanning.
- Carry out instructions to revac and/or rescan products correctly. As skills grow, ability to identify cuts of meat and types of meat properly. Ability to identify packaging quality issues and have them corrected.
- Process bulk vac/coffin orders independently. Assist machine operators in running machines and orders through machine properly (apprentice type situation).
- Able to work safely with machinery, some heavy lifting required., standing for long periods of time, twisted torso all day long, basic ability to read tickets and special requests, ability to recognize cuts of meat, able to write numbers and basic descriptions, basic math, reading and writing skills, able to work in a cold/wet environment fast paced environment. Quick and agile.
30 days working plant Product knowledge-can be learned on the job with progressive knowledge growth. Attention to details.
Job Tier: II
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat Northeast is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time