Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Establishes a strategy for driving profitable specialty sales through a relationship with to assigned locations, with guidance from Director, Business Development
- Works closely with OpCo Merchandisers, Sales Management, and SSMG leadership to set One Sysco strategy that leverages either the SSMG company or OpCo to deliver product
- Maintains agnostic approach to growing sales through either Specialty or USBL entity
- Leads quarterly “One Sysco” meetings, and ensures action items are assigned are carried out
- Educates others
- Design and implement formal training programs for CoP’s and MA’s in assigned OpCo’s in Specialty Meat and Seafood category with a major focus on Portion Control Steaks and Chops.
- Establish ongoing training and development of CoP’s and MA’s through participation in General Sales Meetings, promotions, and Food Shows / customer events
- Dotted line responsibility over CoP’s who work and support the OPCO
- Provide support as needed
- Evaluate and coach CoP’s in conjunction with OpCo Director of Business Resources / Sales leadership
- Analyze data using systems and tools (eg, Tableau) that show category and item penetration by customer, by CoP / MA
- Monitor and cascade progress towards goals
- Develop strategy to close gaps
- Coordinate/Execute Customer visits and tours to the SSMG.
- Coordination of promotions between SSMG and OpCo to effectively balance inventory and push lbs.
- Preferred: BS or BA Degree in Business, Marketing, Agriculture/Animal Science or related studies.
- 3+ years of purchasing/merchandising experience
- Sales experience
- Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment
- Deep expertise of Meat & Seafood category.
- Exceptional collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal skills, ability to speak effectively in front of large groups.
- Problem resolution expertise.
- Ability to adapt to different OpCo markets and philosophies.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Proven track record of growing sales directly or through others.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time