Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Schedule:The ideal candidate will be available to work the following schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Process customer claims in a timely manner by verifying proof of delivery (POD) and supplemental documents to ensure accurate posting to AR. Research aged entries in Tiny Term 3-35 and resolve. Analyze activity to identify anomalies and find process improvements
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review PODs returned daily from drivers in multiple divisions and create customer credits based on delivery issues.
- Forward credits above the threshold to appropriate approver(s).
- Resolve aged items to ensure all credits are processed within 30 days
- Work with AR to clear Sysco claims via the BSCC Claims website
- Utilize various system reports to create pivots and other tools to identify process improvements
- Strategically communicate with departments that input/clear credits to improve processes
- Period end closing activities as needed
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
General working conditions – exposed to adverse conditions 5% or less of time.
General supervision is received from the Accounting Supervisor.
- Some college education or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- 1 year experience with a 10-key calculator by touch required.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Outlook is required.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time