Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for processing purchase orders (POs) and drop shipments through PeopleSoft and following up with the manufacturer for any changes, ETA changes or pricing discrepancies. The Purchasing Assistant also works with the Accounts Payable Department to make sure all invoices are matched correctly. If not, the Purchasing Assistant obtains a Receiving Discrepancy Report from the Warehouse Manager and works with the manufacturer to resolve any discrepancy.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY AT:
- Prepare Expediting Report and send to manufacturer to obtain updated ETA’s on open POs.
- Update POs with correct ETA’s stated by the manufacturer.
- Assist warehouse on delivery appointment issues by contacting the vendor and acting accordingly.
- Review Receiving Discrepancy Report (RDR) and identify any problems with inbound shipments from the manufacturer such as shipping shortages, overages, miss picks, and damages.
- Inform Accounts Payable Department of any needed invoice adjustments before payment and notify the vendor. Obtain proper documentation for short paying vendor invoices.
- Purchase Order Process - Enter PO into People Soft, dispatch to vendor, log the PO information into ESKER, confirm acknowledgements sent back from the manufacturer and follow up on status.
- Use Match Exception Report to find shipping, billing, and pricing errors when Receiving Discrepancy Report (RDR) is not provided from Warehouse. Additionally, review to identify any late shipments.
- Answer inquiries from Customer Service and Distributor Sales Representatives dealing with ETA’s, back orders, and pricing quotes.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 2 – 4 years of equivalent work experience in Purchasing preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to build working relationships with vendors and customers.
- Proficient use of MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook). Familiarity with PeopleSoft ERP a plus.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
“PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT”
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- This position primarily works in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time