Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Southeast Florida
Location: US-FL-Riviera Beach
Zip Code: 33404
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The Field Sales Coordinator will support local District Sales Managers and Sales Associate by focusing on customer needs through processes such as validating orders, researching problems and processing customer requests. This will include, but not limited to, placing out bound sales calls to customers, responding to customer issues and collaborating/communicating with assigned outside sales associate group(s) during the course of servicing customers.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to plan and organize your own work activities; analyze and disseminate numerical data; manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; perform basic mathematical calculations; identify and solve problems; maintain a file system to include alphabetical, numerical, and chronological filing activities.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication, business writing, grammar and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Support Customer Engagement efforts by enabling the sales organization to provide Sysco customers with expanded service channel options
- Support the performance of Marketing Associates to deliver planned results by becoming an integral team member to enhance the customer experience
- Conduct research and resolve issues associated with customer deliveries, special orders, disputes, etc. and is authorized to request credit on damaged, returned or pricing issues.
- Fully Utilize Salesforce.com (Sysco 360) by capturing all customer interaction, communicating to MAs, and researching customer opportunities.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product
uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Provide customers with invoicing and account receivable information.
- May periodically perform research of product discounts, product services information, special offers and/or company promotions.
- Support and assist customers and MAs in the use of Sysco ecommerce channels
- Assists in coordinating new business openings, added locations, and customer specials with merchandising, warehouse, credit and transportation.
- Assists Marketing Associates with monitoring special or deviated pricing and ensures that it is working and entered into the pricing system correctly.
- Helps update all special pricing one month prior to the expiration date to ensure proper pricing activities.
- Assists the Marketing Associates in reviewing the margin or mark-up on every item, for each account, to ensure that Sysco is charging the customer the correct amount of mark-up over cost, as outlined by pricing objectives.
- Reviews daily out-of-stocks and contacts Marketing Associates with unresolved issues.
- Answers phones, routes calls, takes messages and schedules appointments to ensure that proper and timely action is taken on the caller’s needs and may refer callers to other departments or staff.
- Compiles and types numeric data into tables or reporting formats on a weekly basis to ensure that accurate and precise information is provided to users.
- Types, from rough drafts and composes, a variety of letters, documents and reports which require accuracy, precision and the ability to deal with confidential information. Makes appropriate changes or corrections in grammar, punctuation, and spelling on a continuous basis to increase the effectiveness of department correspondence.
- Researches and formulates weekly sales and brand ranking reports in order to provide current information to the staff and sales team for planning activities.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions and assist with the training of new employees as
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid
files, and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Other duties as required.
High School education or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. business administration) or equivalent educational level preferred.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
1 year experience working in a business environment or an Associate degree in lieu of working experience
- 1+ years experience utilizing sales tools and techniques
- 2+ years prior Telemarketing or Sales/Customer Service experience.
- Working knowledge of Sysco product categories sold to drive penetration of existing accounts.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to effectively communicate telephonically. Ability to influence and seen as a team player. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic to intermediate skills in performing math calculations (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication).
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in a one-on-one conversation
- Basic Knowledge of Sysco products preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in time management and attention to details.
- Must be able to effectively communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Pleasant, helpful and service oriented
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Southeast Florida is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time