Company: Sysco Sacramento
Location: US-CA-Pleasant Grove
Zip Code: 95668
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The RSM role represents an escalation of skills and ability from sales management to sales leadership. The RSM is accountable for a select number of DSMs, whom the RSM is accountable one-on-one coaching to DSM's and Marketing Associates, lead region-wide special projects, support the sales associates in building customer relationships with high priority customers.
- Successful RSMs demonstrate the ability to achieve strong sales results by guiding and directing the performance of their DSMs and MAs; not through their own individual contributor actions.
- As noted in Sysco's Leadership Framework; On-target performance includes exhibiting the following framework components; Core Qualities, Shaping the Future, Delivering Business Results and Leading People.
- Lead and direct Customer Engagement efforts by enabling the region to provide Sysco customers with expanded service channel options (e.g. Sales Coordinator, Sysco Market and Sysco Mobile)
- Manages the sales performance and development of District Sales Managers and Marketing Associates.
- Fully leverages Sysco 360 in management of DSMs and expects productive utilization of Sysco 360 within the region.
- Successfully drives Sysco brand results and maintains a strong focus on CatMan conversion opportunities within the region.
- Partner/coordinate with the Director of Business Resources to maximize the productivity of sales support resources to grow profitable sales
- Execute all national campaigns and promotions (eg. Corporate Recognition Programs, Test drive events and Quarterly promotions.)
- Directly supports the VP of Sales in implementing key corporate/market changes and programs; ensuring all sales associates achieve required behavior changes and performance metrics within the region
- Develops and coordinates sales selling cycle and methodology.
- In partnership with the VP of Sales, fully leverages Territory Planning data, such as, MA Allocation Tool and Market Analytics for all territory/customers changes or allocations
- Develops and delivers sales budgets for the region
- Directly influences and engage critical/developing customer accounts, and ensure proper management of all other accounts in the region.
- Professionally represents Sysco at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company.
- Accountable for implementing the strategy for development of the sales associates and managers by full utilization the CMP process.
- 2 or more years' experience in a Senior Sales management position
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. business administration) or equivalent educational level preferred.
- 5+ years' food service sales experience leading a successful sales team.
Education and / or Experience:
- High School education required.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, able to lead both direct and indirect relationships effectively
- Ability to strategically plan and execute through the actions of others
- Solid analytical problem solving skills, including familiarity with analyzing reports and deriving insights from data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders; can derive insights from others through probing questions and collaborative problem solving
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously; Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to use Sysco's proprietary CRM tool for planning and forecasting sales growth
- Demonstrates mastery of skills in the area of consultative selling, marketing principles, prospecting, networking, coaching and negotiations
- Ability to effectively coach, counsel, train and direct associates
- Demonstrates working knowledge of general finance terminology/concepts and credit terms
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general sales reports
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- A working knowledge of product lines, ordering procedures and credit terms of SYSCO preferred.
- Familiarization with customer service activities, interdepartmental communications and general finance concepts beneficial.
- Working knowledge of food service sales and merchandising principles, food sales industry, street/territory and program sales
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Understanding of Sysco's key business metrics ' preferred
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Reports to work promptly and regularly; works well with others; demonstrates the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Sacramento is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time