Company: FreshPoint Denver
Zip Code: 80216
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The primary objective is to maintain superlative customer service while meeting gross profit dollar objectives. Coordinate special runs each day among the customer service representatives, shipping, and fleet departments. Promote the push sheet among the CSR’s and coordinate their efforts. Generate additional gross profit dollars through creative selling and pricing techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively lead and manage the CSR team – guiding and motivating the team to achieve company objectives, develop the CSR's, and enrich the customer experience.
- Oversee FreshPoint’s marketing and work with key team members locally to take our marketing program to new heights.
- Generate additional gross profit dollars daily by effectively using the bids, creative selling and pricing, and promoting this through the department.
- Coordinate special runs daily to achieve optimum efficiency and effectiveness-work directly with shipping, transportation, and customer service.
- Determine the urgency of “push” items daily and which customer groups to focus on.
- Responsible for covering vacant CSR desks and scheduling of CSR’s.
- Coordinate the flow of information from purchasing to the CSR’s on price changes, market conditions and special orders.
- Oversee standing and special orders and coordinate execution throughout all departments
- Lead CSRs in providing service support to Outside Sales Reps, performing tasks such as calling customers about shorts, building prospect lists, and analyzing sales data to identify account penetration opportunities, as well as other similar tasks as needed.
- Continually train staff in proper sales techniques, product knowledge, and how to effectively use the computer system. Train new CSR’s and receptionists.
- Motivate CSR’s to maintain their interest in the position and achieve desired department goals. Develop the CSR’s for advancement.
- Do performance evaluations on CSR’s.
- Assist with food shows and other special events, as time permits, and with the coordination of the Sales Manager.
- Adherence to attendance policy and work schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of AS400.
- Detail oriented.
- Working knowledge of general operating procedures in warehouse and distribution environment.
- Familiar with produce; including: varieties, product size, product characteristics, storage requirements, seasonal differences, and product features.
- Good communication skills.
- Marketing Skills
- Must be able to work with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Secondary education preferred
- Marketing experience preferred
- Ideal candidates will have distinguished themselves in a service-oriented role
- Experience preferred in managing individuals, motivating, training, and disciplining.
- Minimum of two (2) years sales or customer service experience.
Office environment. A small percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are cool and noise level can be moderate to high.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Denver is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time