Night Receiver (3rd Shift) – Sysco International Food Group, Inc. (Jacksonville
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We currently have an opening for a Night Receiver. This position is primarily responsible for checking in products delivered, verifying the product is in good condition and the product has enough shelf life remaining to meet IFG requirements.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
Schedule- Sunday-Thursday 8pm- Finish
Please read through all Qualifications, Requirements and Responsibilities to ensure you have proper qualifications before applying.
The Night Receiver is primarily responsible for:
· Verifying proper dates on product
· Verifying proper product temperatures
· Verifying product has been properly labeled by the vendor
· Verifying proper condition of product
· Verifying that product being received matches IFG’s order
· Cleaning and assisting in cleanliness of warehouse
· Other Operations duties as assigned
Night Receiver Qualifications:
The Night Receiver must have the following:
· High School Diploma or its equivalent
· Effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English
· Have solid math skills
· Have at least 6 months of warehouse experience
The Night Receiver must be able to:
· Safely lift 50 lbs. frequently and up to 75 lbs. occasionally
· Read at a distance close to eyes and at arm’s length, with or without correction
· Stand for long periods of time, with frequent walking
· Knowledge of Julian dates is preferred
The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this role must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times. Longer workloads occur during the busy season.
*** All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo and pass the following before their first day of employment:
· Pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Sysco policy
· Criminal Records Check
· Verification of Previous Employment
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco International Food Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliateEmployment Type: Full Time